2.07.2013

Miss Ollie Arrives!

The Story

Early Wednesday morning I started getting contractions...not super close together, but close enough where I had to call in to school and let them know that I wouldn't be in because they were starting to hurt. They got closer and closer and I called Adam and 4 pm telling him I think he needed to come home so we could go to the hospital! Ah! We went in and the doctors told me there was good news and bad news...good news: I wasn't leaving the hospital without a baby, bad news: I had super high blood pressure and had to get on an Magnesium IV. They straight up told me this Magnesium was horrible. They told me I would feel super sick, depressed, dizzy, exhausted, etc. They didn't sugarcoat anything at all...and once they left the room I just started crying and crying to my parents and Adam. I was soooo scared and nervous to have this baby! I started shaking and didn't stop until the next day pretty much. Ugh. Thinking back, makes me shiver...I didn't even want to write about this, but I thought this would be good for me to look back and and think how it was all worth it in the end! And as little miss Ollie is here in my arms I already am so in love! 



So, Wednesday night was probably the longest night of my life. There was lots that went on...they were trying different ways to induce me (because my contractions had stopped because of the Magnesium), the baby's heart rate dropped a couple of times and a crew of nurses would rush in and try to figure out why, etc. I was ready for morning when 6:00 rolled around. They doctors that were there told me that they would call my doctor at 7:00. Praise the Lord! I just wanted my Dr. Christman! He came in around 8:00 and told me my different options as far as other inducing ideas and a c-section. I still was only dilated to a 1 at this point! And they said that my minimum labor would be 12 hours...and they were nervous with the baby's heart rate dropping a couple of times throughout the night...so we decided "c-section time"! I was fine with it, I was so exhausted from what had already happened I just wanted to meet my little girl! So within 10 minutes of making the decision, Adam was scrubbed up and we were heading down the hall to have this baby! 

The room was all white, with two huge lights, mirrors, and filled with about 15 doctors and nurses awaiting our arrival. I felt like I was in a movie. As the operation started I asked Adam to pray for me, and as he was praying one of the nurses put her hand on my head and prayed with us! It was touching. Within about 15 minutes we heard a loud cry, screaming to the world the she has arrived! Adam went over and watched our Ollie get checked out by a couple doctors and brought the little gem to me while they were closing me up. The joy of having her and seeing her that first time was/and still is indescribable!











We are so blessed to have Ollie Lucille! Such bliss!
1/31/13   Born 9:05 am
7lbs. 14 oz.  19.5 inches




No comments:

Post a Comment