1.19.2013

The Waiting Game





And...we have entered the days where life is a waiting game. From all the people to all the latest pregnancy magazines to all of the daily pregnancy apps on my phone..."your baby may arrive anytime now...2 weeks before your due date- 2 weeks after your due date"... So, everyday I wake up thinking "shoot, didn't go into labor last night"...ha. I have so many feelings...I am so anxious, I am so scared, I am so excited! Adam and I both are just waiting on pins and needles....

I am reading this devotional (Jesus Calling by Sarah Young) that my mom got me for Christmas and it is so great! The other morning when I read it, it talked about trusting God to the point where we should thank and praise Him for things that haven't happened yet. I immediately thought about my latest concerns with not having a daycare yet or wondering what I will be doing next year...going back to teach, subbing, staying at home with baby girl? How will that work financially? How will that work with my emotions (I'm one of those people that needs to stay super busy or all sorts of emotions flood me and take over my body and mind)? 

In the devotional, it read, " When you bring Me prayer requests, lay out your concerns before Me. Speak to Me candidly; pour out your heart. Then thank Me for the answers that I have set into motion long before you can discern results. When your requests come to mind again, continue to thank Me for the answers that are on the way."

I was overwhelmed when reading this. I guess I "know" that things will be how they are suppose to me, but I didn't think of it as God already having things in motion before I can even grasp my thoughts about them...and Him saying to THANK HIM even when we don't know what will happen...It gives me a sense of confidence and my mind-set becomes much more positive! Praise the Lord. One less thing to worry about:) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment