9.11.2011

Wedding Week

This week we have been preparing for my brother's wedding! On Tuesday, Ashley's parents had a super sweet "passing on Ashley dinner" up in Lincoln. We went there and got to eat some delicioussss food while getting to know her family a little more! 






 We also had rehearsal...and the dinner...



And here is a little flashback to how brother Al proposed...Um, mixed thoughts and emotions about this...Last November, over Thanksgiving, we went with the Loogmans to Colorado to go skiing. Al and Ash are big "boarders" so they go up there a lot. Cool. Perfect. Well, Alex wants all of us to head up to the "top of the mountain for fun"...We go up the first lift, and I kinda nudge Al like "this is it"...and he turns and shakes his head no. We are going up more. So we went up another lift. Another nudge by me. Another head shake no. We rent a CAT TRACTOR MACHINE THING and it takes us even farther up! Mind you, it is probably THE COLDEST DAY IN THE HISTORY OF KEYSTONE! Freezzzziiinggg! So, the CAT gets up the mountain and Al wants to HIKE UP THE REST. I know I am sounding very dramatic. But it was. We hike up the mountain. Barely making it because the air is so thin and the wind is so very very harsh. I had Alex take a picture of Adam and I and that is when I took a "picture" of them...and her proposed! I started crying. Not because of happiness (because I was very happy), because I thought they were going to have to amputate my fingers. No joke. Boss was actually being very sensitive and trying to help me out emotionally, but it didn't cut it. Luckily, my dad and asked the CAT driver guy to come back up in 15 minutes and take "us (meaning: me)" down because quote- "I don't think she will make it"...ha. Good Dad AWARD! I wouldn't have. So, of course Alex, Ash, and Boss skied the rough terrain down. Showoffs.




No comments:

Post a Comment