9.27.2011

Village One

On Sunday our church did a service project serving what we call Village One. Village One Village is the community centered around 33rd & Franklin Street in North Omaha, the location of Compass Ministries. So a lot of people in at CCC went out and helped paint, mow, do constructions stuff, etc. Some peeps from our bible study went down for a few hours to contribute!  

Some of you may ask....What are we trying to accomplish in Village One? and I will get that straight from CCC's website:)
"Our big goal is to be a light for Jesus Christ in this neighborhood. As we impact the community over many years through a variety of different service-focused projects and initiatives, we believe that through the power of the Holy Spirit many will be driven into the arms of Jesus at Bridge Church." - Craig Walter, CCC Missions Pastor 









"For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?'" -Matthew 25:35-40


11th commandment- "Paint Thy Neighbors House" - quotes Adam....jokingly...obviously.


No comments:

Post a Comment