6.24.2012

My Dad




My dad is the most amazing dad in this world. 

My dad gets home from the field at 11, and will still change my oil before I have to leave for Kansas the next morning. 

My dad sometimes tries to talk in Chinese and it makes the whole family laugh.

My dad and I have the same temper.

My dad used to give my brothers and I all the change from his coin carrier when it got full. We felt like we won the lottery if it was our turn to rake in the winnings.

My dad went outside to fix the satellite the other night because the Justin Bieber special was breaking up and it was stressing me out. 

My dad has tithed practically every Sunday since we were little. Showing us that our money is not ours. 

My dad built a goal post for my brother outta scratch when we were younger and it's still standing.

My dad isn't a big fan of our cabin (because he just works the whole time he's down there), but goes with us every time we want to go.

My dad and I used to watch Top Gun an unhealthy amount.

My dad built a walkway for my mom because she hated getting rained on when coming from the garage to the house. 

My dad tries to teach me stuff all the time, even if he knows I'm not quite 100% paying attention. This is how you wash your car. This is how you drive car. This is how you mow our lawn. This is how you paint a room. This is what you do if ___ should happen. This is what you shouldn't do.

My dad is really good at doing long math equations in his head. Really good.

My dad rocks at farming. 

My dad hardly ever works on Sundays so he can be with us. 

I love my dad.


Happy late Father's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment