1.23.2014

Mom Stuff

With Ollie almost turning a year I have had many thoughts and doubts running through my head lately, as far as being a mom. Ollie still isn't sleeping through the night. She wakes up a couple of times a night...still. She is super picky with food...why, I don't know? I feel like I have tried lots of different foods and even try to "disguised" them...nope. She shoves the spoon outta her face in a "don't want it, don't care" kind of attitude. I feel like she cries more than the average baby. She just complains and cries about the littlest thing. A little over-dramatic...a LOT over-dramatic. You give her the wrong look-tears. She barley hits her hand on something- tears. You leave her in her room for one second while you run to the bathroom-outburst of tears. Ahh! To get her to sleep she has to be held while having soft music playing while in the perfect setting. (The other day Adam and I were watching our neighbor's boy who is only a month older then Ol, all we had to do for nap time, was just put him in the crib! Really! He just put himself to sleep for his nap!!! whhhattt?! Adam and I were amazed (and a little jealous-not gonna lie). Anyways, I sat down with Adam the other night and just started bawling. I feel like I am not being an all around great mom?! Don't get me wrong, there are a million of sweet, precious moments and a million more funny and sassy moments with my little Ollie-doll and in that moment in time I am 100% and feeling good, like any mom would probably...but man, sometimes I just stare at her after 30 minutes of tears are streaming down her chubby lil cheeks and want to shout out "what do you want sweetie?!!! I've tried everything I can think of! I just wish I could read that child's mind! I know I'm not the only mom that feels this way, but sometimes when I look around at my friends' babies I can't help but to compare when they say their child has been sleeping through the night since 4 months...Ahhhhh! Seriously!

I saw this link on Facebook the other day and it just gave me a sense of relief. I feel like there are so many things when raising a child that you "have" to do...and a lot of those things haven't worked for Adam, Ollie, and me! It's super frustrating. This article meant more to me in the sense that one way isn't necessarily the right way. So true! I would read one article on a topic and then the next artile would contradict it in every aspect. What the heck?! What am I suppose to do? Or try to do? I realize that it is just whatever works best for you and your babe. You hear it a thousand times, but for some reason, a quick look at these pics really helped me with these feelings of not being "good enough".   











 Here is the link to the article and all that jazz!

No comments:

Post a Comment