7.12.2012

goodreads

Okay, so I just now heard about the website goodreads. Have you heard of it? Are you part of it? It's basically a "facebook", only regarding books and only books. It's super neat-o frito. I often read books based on thoughts/reviews from friends...so this is perfect...because it's all about that. It also keeps track of books that you have read, books that you are currently reading, and books that you want to read (in case you forget). You can review the book after you read so friends know how you liked the book and if you recommend it. Huh, ya, nice? And after you read a book, you can "check it off" and add it to your list of books read! I love lists. So you should probably go check it out stat and be my friend! (Unless you are unlike me and with the majority of population that probably already belong...)!



I'm reading a book called The Book Whisperer right now which talks about how all students can learn to love to read if presented with the right books. It talks about the importance of children reading (obviously) and adults reading...even if just for 15 minutes a day. So, this website fell into my lap at the perfect time of me in "reading mode"....unfortunately, I'm not always in this mode. So, let's take it and run while we can, hmm? 



No comments:

Post a Comment