3.22.2012

Patience



I don't know if anybody feels like we do now, but.....dang. Selling houses wayyyy under what they are worth just isn't fun. Our house has been up since last June. We were in no "hurry" to sell....but now another June is coming right around the corner, and we are getting a little anxious. We found out there are 14 houses for sale that are the exact same as ours, but don't worry,  with all new appliances, darker wood floors, built three years after ours, and up for sale 5k less than ours! We wanted to start looking for something new...and have tried a little in the last month...but don't know what we should do. Nobody knows how the market is going to be in a year. It's sooo frustrating. For me, it would just be easier to either stay and get that into my mindset or just leave and plan on losing lots of $, but buy while the market is down :( I have been praying about it for months...and sometimes it gets discouraging. I just want to know what to do! That little sign from above... right?! I think God is just saying, "Amy, there might not be a 'sign right away!" Telling us to BE PATIENT! Especially me. I'm not the most patient person on the block. And I'm trying to work on that. I think this is God at work on me perhaps. Unfortunately, I just wish his was working faster;) 

Whatever happens, "it will be fine". I say that to Adam all the time (and I think he gets annoyed...because it is to either get out of an in depth conversation or in a tone that is not my finest). At least I got the man of my dreams trying to keep me positive about the situation. And a dad that comes up whenever we need him to give advice on houses all over Omaha. New house or not. Praise Jesus.

I think I need to memorize this verse stat: 

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him...-Psalm 37:7 

1 comment:

  1. In the same boat sister:(! But you are very right, just looking at it as an opportunity to get to know God & his plans for us better! Hang in there!!!!

    ReplyDelete