3.10.2012

All Things Green

The Leprechaun Chase approached this weekend and we did partake in this 10k event. I thought it was only appropriate to prepare for it by going to stores to grab the latest St. Patty's day attire instead of actually running. Not my best decision, but if I had to do it again, I would still choose shopping instead of running.  Oh, do I wish I could motivated the other way around.

The weather was prettyyyy nice, I will say. The sun was shining. It was a little hilly and windy. Jen and I suffered together. There was a point to the end where Jen turned to me and said "I am never doing a half again"...ha. I nodded, and thought how much I agreed with that statement.  Those hills are horrible. You run up it, feel like you need to throw up, but have to keep running instead. That screams a good time.

We found out after that Ross had quite the run. He chose to sit on a bench, do some hip stretches, go the the bathroom, and run backwards during the 10k event itself. ahhh...hearing this made the night. Free bird, that Ross.  


Alex Ehly was there and he was square (I'm not quite sure what that means..but only good things Al, only good things). Poor Erin couldn't run because of her knees:( 


Our friend Ron also won 2nd place for his costume. That a lad.

All in all. Good times. Ross, Jen, Adam, and I went and ate french fries and all things with calories afterward. Here are some pics.







This was special.





Happy dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment