5.08.2013

Black Circles & Thoughts

Black Circles:

On Monday I came to school without any makeup on (not that I usually wear a ton, I don't, no time, not necessary). We were a little rushed getting out the door after a weekend in Nebraska and so something had to go (Ollie's bottles can't, so makeup it is). School starts at 9:05. At 9:06 one of my lil' precious things asked me what happened to my eyes. I was confused...so asked her what she meant. "Well, it's black all around your eyes..." she said. I thought my mascara may have gotten smudged from the day before...nope. Ha. Nice Amy, you just have black rings around your eyes. Attractive. I told her I don't get much sleep these days...and I thank my cute daughter for the fact that it looks like I got into a fist fight. Maybe I need to start bringing concealer to work.

Thoughts:

I receieved an email yesterday from Dairy Queen (yes, I subscribe to DQ and all of the deliciousness that is involved with DQ) that informed me of their new blizzard of the month...Choco Peanut Butter Brownie! Put Ollie in there and it's basically everything I love in a cup;) I'm thinking this weekend magic may happen because I'm planning on indulging. Wish my thighs luck.

Everytime I see this cute Target baby commercial that is on tv now I freak out and nothing else in the world matters. You know which one I'm talking about? Give me all those babies.



When I was back home last weekend we watched the movie, The Impossible. Oh my gosh, this movie. Before this movie I was feeling good...even had a Blue Moon ready to go, and from the beginning to the end didn't have the stomach to finish it. This movie brought out emotions like crazy for me. I couldn't sleep and asked Adam to pray about people whose worlds were/are flipped upside down because of these natural disasters that we have no control over. We talked a lot about why God lets things like this happen. We talked about how because of sin we all live in a fallen world. We talked about how God is in control of everything and although we don't know why He allows these things to happen, we do know that He has a purpose. We may or may not ever know His specific purpose. Adam tried explaining it to me as though you are looking at a giant painting up close. It might not make sense and confuse us....when in fact, if you were to stand back and see it as a whole it would be a beautiful masterpiece. Really, what it comes down to for myself is just trusting God and knowing that He knows what he is doing. Deuteronomy 29:29 says "The secret things belong to the Lord, our God". Isaiah 55:8-9 says "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, and my ways are not your ways, as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."  



I saw this awhile ago and at first I thought it was a little weird. Just the whole setting/experience. But I've come back to it over and over for some reason and think I like it now so I'll share. 





No comments:

Post a Comment