5.09.2011

April into May

It has been a busy couple of weekends here and so I will try and get you updated quick!

Last weekend we celebrated life! My Gramee Sapp turned 80 and my mom, aunts, and grandpa threw her a little party. We gathered and listened to the stories and thoughts of everybody that was close to her! Such an amazing woman and I strive to be like her! My mom asked me to think of some reasons why Gramee is Gramee! Here are just a few things that I thought of:

•     Gramee is so thoughtful. I remember everyday in middle school I would always walk to Grandpa and Gramee’s house after basketball practice. I would be so tired and worn out and gramee would always peel an orange for me! I always looked forward to that “already peeled” orange when I was in the middle of practice!
•    Gramee is so helpful. I can’t even count all the times that I have brought ripped clothing for her to mend and she always does it, and does it very well I might add! She also helped sew these amazing shawls for my wedding and they were a hit!
•    Gramee is oh so generous. It is fun that she shares their Arizona house with us! We love going down there to relax. She is so organized with every direction easy to understand and follow!
•    Gramee is so hospitable. I don’t know how many times I will just stop by the house because I have thirty minutes to spare and she is ALWAYS willing just to stop whatever she is doing and sit down and talk with me. I love it! She makes me feel so important!
•    Gramee is such a warm and loving wife. After just getting married I think about how she is such a Godly wife to my Grandpa. She is selfless and puts my Grandpa first, I see it every time I am with them together!
•    Gramee is encouraging. Sometimes I will stop by to run around the lake quick and she always gives me confidence and makes me feel good!
•    Gramee is fun! When we were little, my cousins and I would always go into her square dancing closet and dress up in her square dancing puffy skirts! She never cared about us tearing them or ruining them! She just smiled and laughed as she watched us have fun with each other!



While we were all at Gramee's party the newest addition to the Sapp family arrived! My cousin Andy and his wife Julie had little Cooper Raymond! Adam and I still haven't had a chance to actually go see the precious little thing but hopefully we will see him soon!





The next morning we woke up at 4:30 and headed down to Lincoln for the Lincoln half marathon. Ugh! Neither Adam or I had trained very much and I was literally counting down the hours until I could get this thing over with. I ran it a couple of years ago and Adam ran it last year....but for some reason, we were just not as "excited" for it this year! I ran with Jen...um, let me rephrase that...I was trying to keep up with Jen, for this 13.1 miles of fun. During the race I wanted to hurt her...after the race, however, when we improved our time from two years ago I decided I could like her again:) We ran it in 2:05....good enough! Adam, my fast lil man, ran it in 1:34!





After mile 5 my right knee began really hurting and I was wondering if I could run and cry at the same time or if it would take too much out of me...I told Adam this and he informed me the whole time he was contemplating how "not-devistated" he would be if a car accidently hit him (not enough to injure, just enough so he could stop running)...ha...Clearly, we were enjoying this run.  I wish I could "love" running more...It would be awesome to be able to update my facebook status with "so excited to go out for a 10 mile run" or "smiling just thinking about my upcoming run"....instead, Adam and I were on the brink of purchasing these shirts when we saw them at the Nike store in Arizona....sadly, they didn't have them in our sizes. 





 We finished though, and it was nice to be able to do it in honor of my friend Jess, who died in a car accident this last fall. We raised over $1,000 to help build a school in Tanzania in her memory. There were so many people running/walking for Jess! I think they raised over $85,000! Amazing what can be done in the midst of tragedy. Jess would be so proud!

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/adamamy-anderson/team-jess-lincoln-marathon




No comments:

Post a Comment