10.27.2011

Sugar Cookie of Emotions

So, yesterday I had a doctor's appointment so I had to take the afternoon off. I decided that to be a good wife I needed to know how to make sugar cookies. I don't know why, I just felt like I had to prepare for the future. You know, one day "I'm sure" my kids are going to beg me to bake/frost cookies and I must be ready with the most "perfect" recipe, yeah? So, anyways, I felt like I had an extra hour or two so this would just work out wonderful. 

Let's just say I started at 2 and was still trekking through when Adam returned from work around 6. I started out grand. Just pouring in that sugar and flour with a smile on my face...there's no turning back now...and no need. Life is good. I had to refrigerate the dough for a bit, so I went on Pinterest to get inspired.  Hmm...things just look so easy.




Got the dough out and started rolling...and here is where it all began. The dough wasn't rolling well. Granted, I kept telling myself, "Am, you just have to learn as you go...Rome wasn't built in a day"...In due time, got the cookies cut out. Got the frosting made. and started frosting. This (frosting cookies in general) is wayyyyy underrated. It is tricky tricky. Right when I was feeling stressed and like a failure Adam walked in to...don't worry...not pick me up...but to continue to question my abilities. Super. It's okay. Coming from his point of view (look at this wifey class paying off;) ), cleaning the kitchen before work and then coming home (hungry for dinner) to a disaster of a mess (with no dinner in sight) probably isn't fun. But I was expecting "I'm so proud of you learning in the kitchen...you are such a great wife baby and I love you more then anything....can I have a couple cookies?"  












Yep. Emotions ran wild. and I was now overwhelmed with my below average cookies and the sugar, food coloring, and dirty dish disaster that I had attend to. 

It's okay. We cleaned up. The kitchen and my attitude. And that's my first sugar cookie experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment