7.14.2011

Book Club

So, I think I have mentioned on here before that some of my friends are I started up a book club. So mature and...mature, huh? ha. I think we all say "book club" when we really know it's just "a get together with drinkskis and finger food"... I think all of our husbands/boyfriends know this as well. I told Adam that I had book club this week and he just smiled, laughed, kinda did a little smirk/eyeroll and said "okayyy", ha. 

We do read books though! Just not too good at discussing them in great and full detail (for example: last night we spent a majority of our time talking about Casey Anthony, Jaycee Dugard, and speech pathologist stuff that could save our lives-thanks Kara). This last month-ish we read the book The Help, by Kathryn Stockett. Suppperrr good! I totally recommend it. We all liked the book- the ending...umm...some thought it could've been better. It just kinda ended. Mags was not okay with this. They made a movie and I think it's coming out in August. So, yeah. I'm gonna see it.

Here we are. Twice, yes I know. One with the host, Linds. And then she wanted to take one with me. So nice, that girl (and she has the most adorable little son. Oh Hudson, wish you didn't have an 8 o'clock bedtime).  






The next book we are reading is Matched, by Ally Condie.  
Synopsis: set in a utopian society, where all relationships are "matched" for you. what if you want to choose? Ohhh...sounds good, huh?! I'm super excited for this one. I will feel super bad if it sucks because I threw it out there...it looks to be veryyy interesting. Cross your fingers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment