7.27.2011

Jesus & Sunday

Hey peeps! So here are some pics of Sunday from Robin and Tom's grill out! Before that though, I want to post up the message that Adam and I heard on Sunday. Gavin is the college pastor at Christ Community and he does a great job with his sermons! I thought this was a super good one on Jesus. If you have 30- 40 minutes check it out! Maybe even just bring it up while you surf the web...and listen:) He has some good stats and thoughts around 13:30 and around 31 minutes as well. Adam challenges me a lot in doing things that I would consider "not necessary" to do as a follower of God. and to be honest it freaks me out a lot of the times. I'm not used to fully and completely giving myself to God and relying on Him all the time. I mean a lot of us Christians say that we do...but do we? It really hit home with me when Gavin talked about Christians doing things that look "insane" to the rest of the world. But then he quoted John 10:10, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the fullest." I think a lot of times I think that some of the things God may want me to do are not things that will make me the happiest. I forget that, like Gavin mentioned, He made the ENTIRE universe! How dare I say that he doesn't know what is best for my life? He knows what will make me the happiest. It might be hard. And it might sound crazy. And it might not be "accepted" by the world. But I'm slowing but surely starting to realize that that is okay. 

So, click below! Now you have to go on the 7.24.11 date. Do it, do it, do it!













Isn't this little pond/tree oasis beautiful?... they have in their front yard?! It's so green and pretty! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment