8.09.2011

Bible Study! Ya Wanna Come?

Sadly, Adam's friend Joe (who he went to visit last weekend in Colorado) was in town because his younger brother got in a horrible car accident and passed away. His name was William. I only met him once but of course Adam knew him. So, yesterday we went to his funeral. Sad. Adam and I were talking later on again, how unexpected life can be. I mean, he was in his early 20's, planning his life, future trips, jobs, etc. Scary stuff. 

We all "expect" to live until we are old. But God doesn't "owe" that to any of us. As Christians, it is our JOB to try and spread God's love. Try and at least share His Word with people that don't know it. Some will get into it and maybe find interest. Some won't. I heard one time that "you wouldn't wish an eternity in hell on your worst enemy...so why aren't you telling all your best friends about it"...? 
 
Sometimes I feel like I am not "equipped" to tell people about God. I am horrible horrible at remembering stories, verses, etc from the Bible. Heck, sometimes I have to look for 5 minutes to find a certain book in the Bible. It's hard for me because Adam does such a great job at just "knowing" stuff and explaining it. Some people have such great questions and I draw a blank because I don't even know how I would begin to answer it...and Adam takes 2 seconds and has an amazing response. I have talked with him about this multiple times. But I think for me, I just need to keep on drawing near to God. Keep learning. Keep growing. And then one of these days hopefully one thing will stick...and then another day, maybe something else will. I do think it is important to have weekly discussion with others about His Word to help your faith grow on whatever level. If ANYBODY is reading this now and God is nudging at your heart...please please contact me! Adam and I hold a Bible Study at our house EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT from 7:30-9:30. We took a break for the summer but are starting up again on September 1! Oh yeah yeah yeah. Everybody is welcome...whether you know the Bible front to back or don't even know where to purchase a Bible! We would love to have ya! So, think about it:) 


No comments:

Post a Comment