8.17.2011

DaddiO's Birthday

So, my dad turned 55 yesterday! He wanted to head to Red Lobster for some seafood so we all trucked to Lincoln to do so. I was a little nervous about heading to Lincoln because my first day of school was today and I didn't want to be super tired...but it turned out alright. I mean, we were still in Lincoln at 10 pm basically...but that's neither here nor there, right;) Here are some pics of the night! I found an old pic of my dad's favorite car that he had when he was younger and Adam spruced it up and made a fun poster of it! Yesterday morning we had nothing, nada, zip, no gift ready...but somehow Adam magically got it made quick, printed, and I picked up a frame over lunch break and we had it by the time we had to head to meet up with them! I'm not going to lie, yesterday was suppperrr stressful. super. (We got new reading, writing, and spelling curriculum at school and it is killing me softly- I had to hold back tears multiple times- ha. Oh geez Amy. Lock it up.) But anyways, we got the gift done and dinner with the family made me ease up tons:)  *Adam also downloaded a new camera app on my phone and we were playing with it...hence the faded border kinda look.  









I bet you all are thinking, "Hey who is that new girl in the pics?!"...Well, it's Belle. She just got here from Newfoundland and is living with my parents for the year! She's as cute as a button and speaks pretty good English if I do say so myself...We had a couple of good conversations revolving around how much Americans eat (she was shocked when our waitress brought over a coke refill before her last one was completely empty)...and we had to explain to her how Ashley's Bridal "Shower" coming up didn't mean..shower with water shower..ha. Funny stuff. 

We went to Verizon to get her a new phone...and they were having problems with the network...(that's why we were in Lincoln so late)...but she has one now! 




Also...the first day of school was good. I am surprisingly not exhausted yet. I'm sure that will come tomorrow or Friday. That's why I felt the need to write this blog while I still have energy! And check out what PTO made us:) Not bad, not bad....it looked just fabulous with our pilot hats we had to wear when the kids arrived!!! ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment